THE INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!From the New York Times bestselling author of Jackie, Janet & Lee comes a fresh and often startling look at the life of the legendary former first lady, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
Based on hundreds of interviews with friends, family, and lovers over a thirty-year period--as well as previously unreleased material from the JFK Library--Kennedy historian J. Randy Taraborrelli paints an unforgettable new portrait of a woman whose flaws and contradictions only serve to make her even more iconic. "I have three lives," Jackie told a former lover, "public, private and secret." In this revealing biography, readers will become intimately familiar with all three. New insights from the book include:
- Jackie's cold feet before her wedding to Jack Kennedy and her secret plan to avoid moving into the White House with him.
- Jackie's plan to meet with the woman with whom her husband, Aristotle Onassis, was again having an affair, Maria Callas...and why, in the end, she decided against it.
- The truth about the nude photos of Jackie which scandalized her in the 1970s...and which family member had betrayed her by selling them.
- Her unusual relationship with Maurice Templesman, which was never what outsiders believed it to be.
- The never-before-reported, last-ditch efforts to save Jackie's life with experimental cancer treatments, and the doctor who wouldn't risk jail time in order to treat her. Twenty-nine years after her death and sixty years after the assassination of President Kennedy, Jackie delivers the last word on one of the most famous women in the world.
Author: J. Randy Taraborrelli
Binding Type: Hardcover
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Size: 9.50h x 6.30w x 1.70d
Kirkus Reviews 05/01/2023
Publishers Weekly 05/08/2023
Booklist 07/01/2023 pg. 10
Library Journal 06/16/2023 pg. 1
About the Author
J. Randy Taraborrelli is the author of over 20 biographies, most of which have become New York Times bestsellers, including: Jackie, Ethel, Joan: Women of Camelot; After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family 1968 to the Present, which was adapted as a mini-series for Reelz; and Jackie, Janet & Lee: The Secret Lives of Janet Auchincloss and Her Daughters, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lee Radziwill, being adapted for television by Taraborrelli.